I frequently get asked questions about the CQE Exam, Application Process, Etc, and I wanted to put together some information that you can refer back too.
If you have a question that you cannot find an answer to, please use the contact form and I’ll do my best to respond as soon as I can.
- What are the costs associated with Certification?
- Do CQE’s actually get paid more?
- How long has the certification existed?
- What Industries to CQE Work In?
- What Do CQE’s Actually do?
- How do I apply to take the CQE Exam?
- Is there a deadline for my application?
- How will I know my application has been accepted?
- Are there any specific requirements in the application process?
- What does the ASQ consider to be a Decision Making Position?
- Does my Degree have to be in an engineering related field?
I’ve created a whole page dedicated only to questions related to the CQE Exam, a list of those questions is below, check it out!
- What is the CQE exam?
- What’s the Exam format?
- What’s the best way to study for the exam?
- How long do I have to take the exam?
- Where is the CQE exam held?
- Can I bring anything to the exam?
- How often do they schedule exams?
- What do you have to do to take the CQE exam?
- What is the experience of taking the test like?
- Can I retake the exam?
I want to address a few of the common re-certification questions that I get. A few are below.
- How Do I recertify?
- How long is the certification good for & what is the recertification Grace Period?
- What’s the easiest way to get Recertification Units?
- How Do I know if a Conference, Training, Course, Webinar, or Podcast Qualify for RU Credits?
- How do I know if my Job Qualifies for RU Credits?
- Who do I turn my Recertification Journal Into?
I also wanted to include a link to the ASQ FAQ page in case you had additional questions.
The answers in these FAQ pages are very general and don’t all necessarily related to the CQE exam.
I did my best to review all this information and filter it for CQE relevance.
Like I said above, if you have a question that wasn’t covered here, please feel free to contact me!
Thanks and good luck!